ISLA Instructor Ranks
Certified Open Water Lifeguard who assists in running an ISLA Course. Main duties include guarding physical events, instructing practical training on the beach, assisting during lecture, daily admin duties, and equipment maintenance.
- Experienced Open Water Lifeguard
- First Aid / CPR Certified
- Accepted ISLA Project Application
Open Water Lifeguard who has worked at least six ISLA Basic Open Water Lifeguard Courses as an Instructor I. Instructor II’s have the authority to run and certify an ISLA Basic Open Water Lifeguard Course.
- EMT or Professional First Aid Instructor from a recognized agency.
- Passing of the ISLA Instructor II Written Test and Interview
Open Water Lifeguard who has worked a minimum of ten ISLA courses as an Instructor II. Instructor IIIs are charged with designing and updating the theoretical and practical framework of ISLA courses, shaping ISLA pedagogic philosophy, and ultimately steering the direction of ISLA training and education.
- EMT or Professional First Aid Instructor from a recognized agency
- Passing of the ISLA Instructor III Written Test and Interview